Resource Guide for your Gluten Free Cinco De Mayo Celebrations!
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “fifth of May”) is a celebration held on May 5. The holiday commemorates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862.
The day is not only celebrated in Mexico, but many Mexican Americans (and others!) in the US also enjoy this cultural event, where family and friends feast on Mexican food, refresh on Magaritas, and dance to the rhythms of Mexican folk music! Ole!
Below we have a few Recipe and Craft ideas for you to make your Cinco de Mayo, a fun and gluten-free safe one!
Appetizers, Breakfast, Soups, Mains
- Cheesy Ham & Black Bean Nachos
- Tortillas (dairy-free), Tortillas & Tortillas & (Quinoa) Tortilla
- Carne Asada Tacos & So-Cal Street Tacos
- Roasted Corn and Ricotta Enchiladas with Chipotle Tomato Sauce
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Spinach and Cheddar Quesadillas & Chicken Quesadillas
- Huevos Rancheros
- (Slow Cooker) Turkey Tomatillo & Pinto Bean Soup
- Mexican Chili (slow cooker)
- Tamale Pie (gluten-free & corn-free) Vegetable Tamale Pie
- One Pot Mexican Quinoa
- Chiles Rellenos
- Mexican Lasagna
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Chicken Mole & vegan Mole
- Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 5 Cornbread Recipes!
Salsa & Guac
- Pico de Gallo
- Mango Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Warm Roasted Corn Salsa
- Coconut Milk Flan & Rice Pudding Flan & Mexican Flan
- Magarita Cupcakes (dairy-free)
- Mexican Chocolate Cake
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cakes
- Mexican Bread Pudding
- Mexican Wedding Cookies & another!
- Tequila-Lime Sorbet
- Watermelon-infused Magarita
- Mint Margarita
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Egg Carton Maracas
- Recycled Maracas
- Crepe Paper Flowers
- Bark Paintings
- Mexican Wrestling Masks
Will you attending a Cinco de Mayo celebration this year? What gluten-free Mexican dish will you be preparing?